Friday, October 12, 2007

John Astin- Alive and Kicking

In a perfect example of Twain's remark, "The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated," TownHall.com prematurely reports the death of John Astin, who is not only still very much alive but is still active in the theater, touring with his one-man Poe show and teaching and directing at Johns Hopkins University.

It's a bit early to call him late:

[Sean] Astin, son of actress Patty Duke ("The Miracle Worker") and the late John Astin ("The Addams Family"),


I would comment at the site, but they require all kinds of personal information in their registration process, and I'd just rather not. I'm sure someone will clue them in.

There is a link to a video of his "The Raven" here along with a video clip of him as Poe.

2 comments:

  1. It's good to see that he's still working. Astin was great in every role I ever saw him in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. We get a kick out of him around here. We have the entire Addams Family series on DVD and just love it.

    ReplyDelete