Thursday, October 18, 2007

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Resident Evil: Apocalypse is a 2004 zombie movie selected for me by The Elder Son. I quit watching the original Resident Evil during the slicing scene. I found it a bit too gory and it just felt like I was watching somebody play a video game. This one had a different kind of gore that I didn't have much trouble with and it felt less like I was watching somebody play a video game. Not bad, considering it really is like watching somebody play a video game.

Trailer:



Roger Ebert's take:
The movie is an utterly meaningless waste of time. There was no reason to produce it, except to make money, and there is no reason to see it, except to spend money. It is a dead zone, a film without interest, wit, imagination or even entertaining violence and special effects.
Well, I didn't think it was that bad, but then I'm just getting used to these modern horror movies and finding one I can sit through is enough for me right now. I'm grateful The Elder Son is willing and able to "nursemaid me through this" process.

No comments:

Post a Comment