Saturday, March 14, 2009

My garb and feast gear came!

So, I couldn't get the tunic I wanted, which is the one pictured below left in an XS in green, 'cause their stock is low. It couldn't have been more than 20 minutes after I placed my order online at Historic Enterprises that a woman called to explain the difficulty and help me choose an alternative. She was very helpful, and I ended up getting the same style gown in a small in black. It came yesterday, and it's perfect! I also got the headrail set pictured below right. Now, if I can only figure out how to put it on so it looks half-way right...











Of course I look like a nun in it, so maybe I'll be a nun for SCA purposes. I haven't seen anybody at the Grey Niche activities I've gone to who looks like they're aiming at an early religious persona, but you never know.

My feast gear also came. I ordered this at Pillaged Village and got 2 lunch-sized metal plates and 2 16-ounce mugs to match. These are pictured below. We also have 2 small round wooden plates and suitable flatware. We are ready to go to Beltane without borrowing. Hoorah!











If only The Younger Son's dagger would come...

3/16: I mailed our check to register us for Beltane today.

No comments:

Post a Comment