Saturday, March 28, 2009

UofM Imagine New Music Festival

Tonight I went to the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception for the 3rd concert in this series (see page 9 of this pdf). Tonight's presentation included 4 works by Arvo Pärt:

Which was the Son of ....

Mein Weg

Cantus in Memory of Benjamin Britten

Te Deum for chorus and orchestra


My favorite was Which was the Son of... I couldn't find a video of the University Singers doing it, so I'm embedding this one instead:


4/1/2009: Thanks to The Daughter who sent me a link to this short film showing Arvo Part offering his "guidance to the Voices of Europe youth choir in Iceland during the rehearsals of his composition "Which was the son..."."
part 1:

part 2, part 3

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:32 PM

    The Te Deum was so much fun. :o) The music is BEAUTIFUL. I like having the divided choirs.

    ReplyDelete