Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Black Tower

The Black Tower is the fifth book in P.D. James' Adam Dalgliesh mystery series. I've read several of these (including #1 Cover Her Face, #7 A Taste for Death, #10 A Certain Justice, #11 Death in Holy Orders). I like this series and like the Dalgliesh character. I saw the Roy Marsden adaptations before I read any of the books, so Marsden is who I picture in my mind as I'm reading. I did get tired of the word "garish" in this book.

from the back of the book:
The first victim was a priest without an enemy. The second victim, a monster of a man who spread hate wherever he went. The third corpse was that of a sweet spinster who was the soul of living kindness; the next a seductive temptress who was the embodiment of sensual lust.

And Adam Dahlgliesh knew that unless he could find the hidden pattern in this seemingly senseless series of slayings, the nightmare of death would go on and on...

No comments:

Post a Comment