Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Men Who Stare at Goats

I watched The Men Who Stare at Goats with a group of young adults last night. I thought it was funny and laughed throughout, but I was one of the few who got caught up in it. It's a 2009 film starring George Clooney, Ewan McGregor, Jeff Bridges and Kevin Spacey. As I think back I'm having trouble recalling a single woman with a speaking part.

trailer:


Roger Ebert says it's funny and gives it 3 1/2 stars. Moria says, "It’s not an unenjoyable and unfunny film by any means; it’s just one feels that it could have been more." Rolling Stone gives it 3 out of 4 stars. The New York Times calls it a "likable, lightweight, absurdist comedy". Variety says, "this is upscale liberal movie-making with a populist touch, in Coen brothers style." It gets a 53% rating at Rotten Tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment