Sunday, May 16, 2010

Another SFF Book Series List

Geeks Are Sexy (via SF Signal) has a list of 5 Epic Science Fiction Book Series to Read This Summer:
Saga of the Skolian Empire, by Catherine Asaro
The Night’s Dawn Trilogy, by Peter F. Hamilton
The Ender’s Game Series, by Orson Scott Card
The Dune Novels, by Frank Herbert (and progeny)
The Time Quartet, by Madeline L’Engle

Ones I've read some/most/all of are in bold print. Since that's all but one of these, this list doesn't help me much for the summer. My list of SF series book for the summer follows:
Culture Series, by Iain M. Banks. I picked up Excession the other day. I still need Inversions and Matter.

Galactic Center Saga, by Gregory Benford. I've read the first 4 of this 6-book series, but just never made it back around to finishing. I have the last 2 books, but now I'm wondering if I'll need to re-read the others or if I'll be able to jump back into it.

Takeshi Kovacs Series, by Richard Morgan. I don't have any of this trilogy yet -though I could've sworn I had Altered Carbon around here somewhere- so I'll just have to see how this goes.

I plan to begin the WWW series by Robert Sawyer. I have the first book in this trilogy, but the 2nd is only now out in hardback.

I'm not reading any of them now. Right now I'm reading a Walker Percy novel with Still Alice by Lisa Genova being up next. So many books...

No comments:

Post a Comment