Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Missed Connections

This is #162 on the I Love Memphis blog list of 365 things to do in Memphis, but I'm not sure why. I checked the missed connections on Craigslist just like the list suggested, and now I guess I know where to go if I'm ... what? wanting proof that lotsa people are way worse off than me and that being lonely is a common suffering? Or maybe that long shots sometimes work out or who would ever post or read anything there? There's certainly proof here that we are better off missing some of the possible connections in this life.

I'll confess, though, that I'm tempted to make up some totally random encounter and post it:
Poplar at Colonial - I was in disguise as a human but am really an alien being from a galaxy far away. I found you fascinating, and I'd love to know if our 2 species can cross-pollinate. Interested? Shine flashlight up into the sky at midnight, and I will find you.


No comments:

Post a Comment