Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Booksellers Bistro

To celebrate a recent birthday, The Daughter and I had breakfast at The Booksellers Bistro. It's hard for us to call this book store by its new name, and we often end up using constructions like "The Bookstore Formerly Known as David-Kidd". (I always did like Prince.) Other than the name, I think the little dining area feels a lot like it used to. I can say the quiche is just as good now as it was when I had it before and that the little bowl of fruit on the side is just as boring.


We chose the veggie quiche of the day, which was red and green pepper. It was delicious. Our server was attentive but not annoying. We had a wonderful time sitting at a table beside windows, visiting and people-watching.

It's pricey for me -the quiche was $9.75 and the coffee was over $2, so with tax and tip it's much more than I normally spend. When I think how many used books that much money would buy.... but it's better if I don't go down that path. I'm trying to pare down my books. Quiche it is!

1 comment:

  1. A bookstore where you can eat - that´s a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete