Saturday, January 19, 2013

Lili

I love Lili. It's delightful! And how can you go wrong with Leslie Caron? My problem began when I realized how long it had been since I'd seen it, started looking for it on DVD, and couldn't find it anywhere. I looked for it off and on for years, sadly unable to get it locally or online. I happened to mention my difficulty to The Husband this past Fall, and *poof*, he found it for me for Christmas! I'm thrilled!

I hadn't realized until just now that it's based on a written work.

Hi-Lili, Hi Lo:



Bright Lights Film Journal says, "... Caron and Ferrer approach their roles with such honesty and insight into the misery of unrequited love." DVD Talk says, "... there is something undeniably likable about Lili". DVD Verdict calls it "a wonderful film". Rotten Tomatoes gives it a score of 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment