Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Constant Comment


Some things bring back fond memories of my youth, and Constant Comment tea is one of those things. My college roommate introduced me to this tea our first winter together. It's a perfect blend: hearty black tea with just a touch of the orange rind and light spice. The perfect hot cuppa to hold close when you need a warming beverage. This is probably my favorite tea.

The cup is one of the ones I get out to use during the winter. I was attracted by the shape and bought it at the old Bojo's Antique Mall, where I spent many a happy hour both on my own and with the kids. That Memphis landmark is now sadly gone, but the memories remain.

6 comments:

  1. I forgot about this one. I need to pick some up the next time I'm at the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this tea must be popular. it's been around a while, and i never have trouble finding it.

      Delete
  2. I drank Constant Comment a lot back in the 60's. Now I only seem to drink it in the winter months. I do like it.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does seem more suited to wintertime -something about that orange spice thing, i guess- though i drink it year 'round.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing your "Constant Comment" moment! And we love the cup too! Valorie for Bigelow Tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. thx, valorie! i didn't realize y'all had a blog but found it when i followed your link. nice :)

    ReplyDelete