Saturday, March 16, 2013

Audubon Park Lake


It was such a beautiful day yesterday that The Husband and I spent some time at Audubon Park Lake in the afternoon. The tree above had caught my eye from the street several days ago, and I was glad to take this chance to get a picture of it.

We saw a woman feeding the geese:


There were not as many of the mallard ducks as there were geese but still plenty on the lake:



I saw several wildflowers blooming in the grass:




















There were a very few tulips and a volunteer daffodil:



















What a beautiful day! I'm so glad to see signs of Spring, sunshine and warm weather!



2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures - looks like spring to me! One of those wildflowers looks like some kind of anemone, wood anemone is one of the iconic springflowers in Sweden. We absolutely worship them. I saw them in England one late April, and asked several people what their English name was, and no one could tell me! I suppose it´s the long hard winter that makes us so devoted to these flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it does feel like spring here. :) i think the little white flower is "spring beauty" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claytonia_virginica but wouldn't swear to it. we have a lot of it here. it comes up everywhere.

    ReplyDelete