Saturday, March 16, 2013

Must-Read Horror Books

This Horror has a list of Must Read Horror Books for World Book Day. I don't observe World Book Day, because -for me- every day is book day. Their list:
Burnt Offerings by Robert Marasco
Last Days by Adam Nevill
World War Z by Max Brooks
I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill
On Writing by Stephen King
The Tale of Raw Head & Bloody Bones by Jack Wolf
The End of Alice by A.M. Homes
That I've only read one of these doesn't surprise me. I've read precious little horror, most of which was short stories. I may look into these as possible reading for next October when I plan on spending more time reading/watching horror. We'll see.

HT: SF Signal

2 comments:

  1. If your going to read Joe Hill ( Stephen King's son) I would recommend Horns or Heart Shaped Box I enjoyed both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thx for the suggestion. i didn't realize stephen king had a son! i'll add these to the list of books i check for whenever i go to the book store.

    ReplyDelete