Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Patsy Cline

Today is the anniversary of the death in 1963 of Patsy Cline, who died in a plane crash just outside Camden, TN. She was 30 years old when she died. I've seen the memorial site where her plane went down when I've been in Camden for other reasons. There are photos of the memorial site here, but the last time I was there it was still before the age of the digital camera and I don't have any personal photos. There is a Facebook page for her songs.

I do not like country music as a rule, and I don't remember her at all; but her voice and her story strike me for some reason.

Walkin' After Midnight, released in 1957:



Crazy (released in 1961):


1961 Patsy Cline - Crazy by Harrowgatekensington

I Fall to Pieces (released in 1961, this video is from 1963, the year she died):

No comments:

Post a Comment