Wednesday, May 01, 2013

10 Greatest Sci-Fi Movies Of All Time

What Culture has a list of the 10 Greatest Sci-Fi Movies Of All Time:
1. 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
2. Alien (1979)
3. Blade Runner (1982)
4. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
5. Children of Men (2006)
6. Metropolis (1927)
7. District 9 (2009) (began it, didn't finish, which is quite rare for me)
8. A Clockwork Orange (1971) (on my shelf but haven't gotten to it yet)
9. Solaris (1972)
10. Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)
I've seen the ones in bold print, 7 out of 10. Of the 7 I've seen, I'd agree that they are among the best of all time. District 9 felt very heavy-handed to me. I agree with The Younger Son, who said he felt like he was being beat to death with the anti-apartheid stick. I'm not overly fond of "message" movies, which is what this felt like to me. The other 2 I do want to see. And I will get to them someday.

HT: SF Signal

2 comments:

  1. I've seen three on the list: 3, 8, and 10. All on my VCR, never in a theater. I consider Blade Runner the best of the best when it comes to Sci Fi movies. It is what made me fall in love with the genre!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i saw 2001, alien and close encounters in a theater. i used to go out to see movies more, but now -if i'm willing to wait a bit- i can buy a dvd for the price of a single movie ticket. wow! tickets seem high to me!

    ReplyDelete