Saturday, June 22, 2013

Bicycle Milestone


I didn't ride any at all during the Winter or during this rainy Spring we've had, so I've been trying to build my flabby muscles back up. I was riding on the sidewalk and decided to see how slowly I could take a right-hand turn at a corner. I found out. I haven't had a skinned knee or shin since I was in elementary school, but I have both now. One on each leg.

I got back on and rode some more before coming home and assessing the damage. My knee was ok, but the shin was skinned up pretty bad and quite swollen. I cleaned myself up and put ice on it. I'll live. It doesn't even hurt that much. But, ya know, I'm not as young as I used to be.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been able to run this spring I hurt my knee somehow. So I been trying to ride my bike. I hate the traffic and sidewalk are hit or miss around my area. So I try to stick to the least traveled roads.

    Keep at it your knees will heal and your balance will improve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, my balance has improved a lot and i know better than to test the laws of physics, but i had a stupid moment. traffic spooks me, tho, and that part's not getting any better.

      Delete