Friday, June 27, 2014

Outpost: Rise of the Spetsnaz

Outpost: Rise of the Spetsnaz is the 3rd in the Outpost series and is a prequel. If you like Nazi zombies -and what's not to like- you will appreciate this one. It's not nearly as good as the 1st one, but I never expect sequels to be as good as the first one. I did get a kick out of the introduction of the "Yankee": "My name is Rogers, but you can call me "Captain"."

trailer:



Fangoria says it's "a fun watch, offering enough for action and horror fans alike. It’s bloody and brutal while sleek and respectful of its place within the franchise, and sure to please fans of the first two films as well as the unfamiliar." Fearnet says, "Rise of the Spetsnaz is little more than action/horror/war movie lunacy that you may come across on cable one night, but if the idea of action, horror, and war movie lunacy sounds like fun to you, I'd say start at Outpost Uno and work your way through." Quiet Earth says, "I doubt that Outpost III: Rise of the Spetsnaz will win many awards (perhaps something for its impressive sound design and editing) but it passes the time in a generally satisfying way".

No comments:

Post a Comment