Sunday, September 28, 2014

Hart's War


Hart's War is a 1999 novel by John Katzenbach. This author was recommended to me by The Younger Son in response to my opinion that the Baldacci book I read was dreck. He loaned me 2 Katzenbach books, and this is the second one. Both have been entertaining and readable, and I'll pick up more by this author as I come across them. A nice change from Baldacci's The Forgotten, which I didn't like at all.

from the back of the book:
The world is at war. Two men -one white, one black- find themselves in extraordinary circumstances, confined with the enemy, struggling to preserve a shred of dignity against impossible odds. They thought survival was their only purpose -until they realized that living means nothing without the truth. And when murder explodes the precarious order of their lives, they become unlikely allies in a monstrous fight for honor and justice. With these complex, vivid characters, John Katzenbach has written a thrilling, edge-of-your-seat novel, the most acclaimed of his career....

The Bruce Willis film by the same name was based on this book (though somewhat loosely, as I recall).

Kirkus Reviews claims this may be the author's best.

4 comments:

  1. You've been on a roll, and trying to catch up is like chasing my tail. I've never heard of the book OR the movie. Shows how often I see movies, doesn't it. But it sounds like a book I might like to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love to read, and watch movies, too. This author is fairly new to me.

      Delete
  2. Not heard of this one or seen the movie. Like Elizabeth, I don't see many movies. I'll never run out of book suggestions as long as I follow your blog so thanks for that!

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the movie ages ago but didn't remember it was based on a book. My son introduced me to this author quite recently. I like what I've read so far :)

      Delete