Friday, May 29, 2015

Collierville Town Square


Collierville, TN, is an incorporated town, a suburb of Memphis, though I don't think they think of themselves that way. They have a historic town square they've done a lot of work on, and The Daughter and I went out there earlier this month to have some fun.



The square is just north of the railroad tracks, and there is an old passenger car and a caboose you can go through. The train engine is there but not accessible:




This is an old stage post that was moved from nearby to the town square:


We went into a little antique mall in one of the storefronts, and I bought a few picture frames to use for old family photos.

There are two museums, and we didn't go to either one but will come back soon to do that and to eat at one of the local restaurants. We had such a good day!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good day out. I like trains and think I would have enjoyed going through the old cars.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and it's free :) You can't beat that :)

      Delete
    2. Love the look of that old stage post cottage. It would make a great summer hideaway, sitting on the porch, listening to the birds...

      Delete
    3. Yes, and they have events during the year, including musicians in that bandstand. It's a sweet spot.

      Delete
  2. I am sorry it took me so long to get here to see this post. It looks like a wonderful place to visit and walk through. I was impressed by the photos of the station and train. I visited a train museum one year in Wichita for a stay-cation. The museum was NOT free and it was inaccessible to many, especially anyone who was in a wheelchair, or who had mobility problems.

    So glad you and your daughter had fun. I look forward to your return visit. Sounds like it's quite close by, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These cars aren't handicap accessible by any means but the engine isn't accessible to anybody.

      Memphis has a fairly new railroad/train museum downtown that I haven't seen yet. They charge admission. It's definitely on my in-town "to do" list.

      Delete