Friday, May 15, 2015

Pancho's


Pancho's is a Tex-Mex restaurant located in a shopping center not far from us. It's reportedly the oldest Mexican restaurant in Memphis, but we had never been. Not sure how that happened. The Husband and I ate there on a Friday afternoon recently and were delighted. I tried to get interior photos because the place was so cute, but I didn't want to use a flash and the pictures came out blurry. This one taken in our booth is the best I got:


The food was very good, as was the service. I had the steak fajita quesadilla and a Coke:


We are blessed with a large number of excellent Mexican food places here, and this will go on my rotation.

Their history is explained at their web site. You can order their popular dips online.

Yelp has a 3 out of 5 rating with 22 reviews. Urban Spoon has a 71% rating. Trip Advisor gives it a 3 out of 5 rating.

8 comments:

  1. We love Mexican food. Unfortunately, we don´t have a restaurant here, but there used to be - may still be - a sportsbar with some dishes on the menu. And Charlie´s, a hamburger/pizza/hotdog place, has quesadillas and fajitas that are not too bad. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a fairly large Hispanic population, and we have a growing number of good Mexican restaurants. This one's probably not as authentic as some, but we liked it.

      Delete
  2. Funny how it takes so long to get around to places that have been in the neighborhood for ages isn't it? We have lots of Mexican restaurants and you might suspect since we are in CA. Our favorite is walking distance from home. Sometimes when I go for my morning walk I can smell the tortillas they are making/cooking for breakfast. Always makes me hungry.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had restaurants close before I got around to them. Pancho's is a Memphis institution; I guess I just took them for granted.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a fun place to visit, and of course, the food looks quite good, even for this vegetarian. I am quite lucky, in that I live rather close to a large Mexican community, as well as a large Asian community. This blending makes for some remarkable restaurants and specialty grocery stores. I would be happy to eat at Pancho's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree a diverse community gives us great restaurants :) I ate at an Indian restaurant for lunch today.

      Delete
  4. Maybe you'll share your Indian restaurant with us for T this week. We don't have any Indian restaurants in Wichita, at least none that I've heard of or found, and I've tried to look for diversity in my city, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my 2nd trip to the Indian place. Here's my 1st trip: http://divers-and-sundry.blogspot.com/2013/06/mayuri-indian-cuisine.html They're the only Indian place in town I know of that has a buffet, but there are several Indian restaurants.

      Delete