Monday, August 03, 2015

Walking the Back Streets and Crying

Walking the Back Streets and Crying:



by Little Milton, who died here in Memphis from complications following a stroke on this date in 2005. He was 70.

Lyrics excerpt:
You know my baby told me not so very long ago
She said, "I don't love you, daddy
And you got to let me go"
That was too much for me
That's why I walk the back streets and cry

You know it hurt me so bad
To hear my baby goodbye.

She said another reason that made me wanna leave
You ain't got enough of nothin' to keep me half-way pleased
I tell y'all that was too much for me
That's why I walk the backstreets and cry
Oh yeah
Here he is in 1997 with Bobby Rush:

2 comments:

  1. You gave Little Milton a really nice tribute on this 10th anniversary of his death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx :) Bobby Rush is still performing, and lookin' good.

      Delete