Friday, March 17, 2017

Battle Beyond the Stars

Battle Beyond the Stars is a 1980 science fiction film. A Roger Corman production, it stars Richard Thomas, Robert Vaughn, George Peppard, and John Saxon. It's a period piece, obviously getting some of its inspiration from Star Wars.

via Youtube:



Empire Online gives it 3 out of 5 stars and concludes with this: "Derivative sci-fi hokum but some imaginative touches here and there." DVD Talk calls it "a sincere, engaging sci-fi spectacle that makes a lovely ruckus, though it lacks a cracking pace that helped shape "Star Wars" into a legend." TCM has information.

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like an interesting film with it being described as "The Magnificent Seven in outer space". I use to enjoy watching The Magnificent Seven films, they seemed so action packed and who can resist a plot where good triumphs over evil :-). Wishing you a great weekend! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love The Magnificent Seven. We re-watch that one every once in a while and always enjoy it. I can see where the reviewer would see a plot resemblance.

      Delete
  2. I'm surprised I don't recognize this. The hubby and I watch a lot of Sci Fi, especially if it shows up on the tv. I need to keep my eyes open for this. Have a great Saturday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of it before I happened across it online. You'd think with such a cast it would be better known. You can watch it online if you like. I embedded it in the post.

      Delete
  3. I love this sci-fi gem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roger Corman, a name to conjure with :)

      Delete