Monday, July 24, 2017

Tims Ford State Park


We just got back from a week-long trip to Tims Ford State Park in Middle Tennessee. We picked what must have been the hottest week of the year to go, but we had a great time in spite of the sweltering heat. They call it a "rustic" park, but I'm not sure what that means unless it means they don't have a lodge and restaurant on site. The cabin was quite comfortable:




It was the noisiest state park we've ever stayed in, with boaters settling in off the bank behind our cabin with loud music playing on three different days and the sounds along the trails of mowing and traffic. That said, it was a lovely park with nicely sited lake-side cabins and woodland trails.

Here's the view from the cabin:



This is the visitor center:


There's a bird rehab facility next to it:


I won't put all my trail photos in this post, but there's a sweet lake-front trail between the cabins and the marina:



6 comments:

  1. That looks like a really pretty place to visit. Maybe half the noise was the heat-it brings out boaters and sun seekers. I love seeing when people go places and what its like elsewhere. Can you swim in the lake? Glad you had a great time. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The park itself doesn't have a beach, but there's one about 11 miles away. I didn't take my suit, and we just saw the beach from the highway passing by. It looked pretty.

      We're not boaters, but the lake is big and has what they call a Blueway intended as a trail for paddlers with islands you can camp on. It looks like great fun: http://tnstateparks.com/assets/pdf/additional-content/tims-ford-tva-blueway-brochure.pdf

      The noisy boaters weren't paddlers but in larger craft, and they just picked a bad place to be from our perspective. There's so much space there, we wished their parties could've been anchored further from the cabin area.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful place and your cabin looks wonderful 😀. The woodland trails look amazing and I think I would have enjoyed staying and exploring there too! Have a great week! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cabin was great, cozy and comfortable with great views from every room. I can only imagine how gorgeous it is in the autumn. I'm a sucker for a wooded trail, so I was happy as a lark :)

      Delete
  3. So glad you are back. I missed you. The "rustic" place where you stayed looked awesome with all the amenities of home. I really enjoyed the cabin views, and of course, the beautiful areas around the park. I thought the bird rescue area was wonderful, and that owl looked like s/he was looking straight at your camera.

    Too bad about the noise. I still think it was a beautiful, albeit noisy place to spend time away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home, sweet home :) It's nice to get away but also nice to get back. The cabin was well-equipped indeed. The kitchen had a dishwasher!

      Delete