Wednesday, April 18, 2018

They Call Me Hallelujah

They Call Me Hallelujah is a 1971 spaghetti western directed by Giuliano Carnimeo and starring George Hilton. The comedy western isn't my favorite sub-genre, but this one's fun enough.

via Youtube:


Spaghetti-Western.net closes with this:
A good comedy western that is always fun and never boring. Uses a lot of the best Spaghetti Western cliches which never tire in the capable hands of George Hilton and Giuliano Carnimeo. Funny, violent, strong plot, great characters, and rather well made. A Spaghetti classic that is not to be missed.
Fistful of Pasta isn't a fan of comedy westerns but says, "if you're looking for an hour and a half of watchable silliness, it's not a bad one". DVD Talk concludes, "This is a good effort that fans of Carnimeo and Hilton will appreciate."

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to lunch with Sally today, so I'm going to watch this as soon as I shower. No time like the present to see this spaghetti western. Thanks for the link and the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a fun lunch! I hope you like the movie :)

      Delete
  2. I will notice this for when my brother with Down's Syndrome comes in May to stay with us for two weeks as he loves Western and action films and he will like to see it I am sure- in German it is called: Man nennt mich Halleluja!
    Hugs, Susi -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to go wrong with a spaghetti western :) and there are a lot of westerns on Youtube. I hope he likes it. 2 weeks sounds like a nice visit. I don't have relatives who come for visits overnight.

      Delete