Wednesday, May 23, 2018

The Expendables 3

The Expendables 3 is an action movie, 3rd in a series, which balances seriousness with light humor in perfect proportion.

trailer:



Rolling Stone concludes, "The Expendables 3, trading on our affection for action stars of the past, has officially worn out its already shaky welcome." Empire Online gives it 3 out of 5 stars. Roger Ebert's site gives it 3 out of 4 stars and says, "Unlike most film series, “The Expendables III” sows the seeds for its own youthful reboot." Variety calls it "The latest, longest and least necessary entry in this increasingly expendable action franchise."

Rotten Tomatoes has an audience score of 49%.

8 comments:

  1. I've seen this film recently and loved it! It's such a fun movie to watch and I enjoyed seeing all the different action movie stars together 😁. Wishing you well and I hope you are feeling better! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these action movies as just mindless fun. Sometimes critics don't get that.

      Delete
  2. I had to watch the trailer as the name was familiar but I didn't remember the film. Now I remember this. I guess it wasn't too memorable to me if I couldn't place it. :) Hugs-Erika (Hyou are feeling better too:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they stand out well as individual films, but the franchise is fun :)

      Delete
  3. I'm not a fan of Stallone, so this one was not even on my radar, nor were 1 and 2.

    Feel better soon, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty big cast, but Stallone has a major role. I have certain actors that don't appeal to me, too. So many films, so little time ;)

      Delete
  4. Stallone alone could keep me away. Also not a big fan of Arnold or Mel, so haven't seen any of these and don't plan to.

    I hope you are on the mend and feeling yourself again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, yes, they are much of a muchness in some ways, these action stars. I tend to like all of them well enough to enjoy all the explosions ;)

      Delete